The mission of the McDowell County Board of Elections is to maintain voter registration for the citizens of McDowell County, conduct all elections held in McDowell County fair and completely impartial, to assist persons in filing for office, administer the Campaign Reporting Act, and ensure the enforcement of all election laws of the state of North Carolina.
The Elections Office is responsible for conducting all elections in McDowell County, including municipal, county, state, and federal elections, as well as special referenda.
- Maintain Voter Registration Records
- Receive Candidate Filing for General Assembly and local candidates
- Campaign Finance office for local candidates/committees
- Provide for Remote Absentee Voting
- Educate Election Day Officials
- Provide for Election Day Voting
- Report Election Day Results to Public and Authorities
- Evaluate and Improve Election Services
- Provide Election Reports and Statistical Information